The Irish prime minister has issued an apology following a report into the deaths of 9,000 children in institutions for unmarried mothers and their babies.
A five-year investigation by a judicial commission of investigation detailed how the children died at 18 institutions between 1922 and 1998.
- COVID-19: Two men fined £10,000 each for breaking lockdown rules after mass snowball fight in Leeds | UK News January 28, 2021
- Keon Lincoln: Police arrest 21-year-old man and boy, 15, over death of teenager | UK News January 28, 2021
- COVID-19: Germany says Oxford/AstraZeneca jab should not be given to over 65s | World News January 28, 2021
- Hunt for the billions stolen by Nigeria's ex-leader January 28, 2021
- COVID-19: Government scraps coronavirus ad after sexism complaints | Politics News January 28, 2021
- Windrush: Around 17% of victims who claimed compensation have received payouts | Politics News January 28, 2021