Web Analytics

Jersey drivers need Green Card to drive through EU

Jersey driving licence holders will need to apply for a Green Card to drive through Europe from January 2021 – or could risk breaking the law.

The transition period for Brexit – when the UK will leave the European Union – ends at the beginning of next year.

Because of this anyone from Jersey driving a freight or a vehicle on holiday in Europe or through the Irish border will need to apply for a physical card.

Local insurance firm, Rossborough, is advising drivers to do this at least two weeks before leaving the island to ensure the card, which is a certificate of insurance, arrives on time.

BBC Jersey news

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x